Whole cooked ham
Water to cover bottom of the roasting dish
4 Tablespoons of Wild West Onion Relish
2 Tablespoons of Wild West Spicy Sweet Black Sauce
2-3 x 430g tins Dole Pineapple Slices in juice
2 cups of Brown sugar
Cloves and glaze cherries for decoration if desired.
- Put about 3cm of water at the bottom of the roasting dish
- Place whole leg of Ham in the oven dish cover completely with tin foil to keep all the moisture in so not to dry out the ham.
- Heat ham in a moderate oven for a couple of hours until ham is heated right through.
- Remove roasting pan from the oven remove a little of the water and the skin off the ham. Try and keep all the fat on.
- Mix the sugar with some of the pineapple juice, Wild West Onion Relish and Wild West Spicy Sweet Blacksauce to create a thick syrup.
- Cut diagonals on the ham and decorate with cloves, pineapple and cherries if desired use tooth picks to attach the pineapple and cherries
Note: I actually spread some of this under the pineapple as well before decorating.
- Spread half this mixture all over decorated ham.
- Put back in the oven uncovered and cook at 160c and keep basting with the juices from the bottom of roasting dish every 10min or so for about 3/4hr then.
- Spread the other half of the glaze mixture on.
- Carry on basting every 10 minutes until it’s the golden colour you desire. This generally takes a good 1 -2 hr or so to get it right. (worth waiting)
Serve hot with new potatoes, lettuce salad, savoury eggs.
Christmas Ham is not complete without Wild West Beetroot Relish on the side.